The Last Starfighter This movie, for me, is one of the most nostalgic movies of my childhood. I rate it higher than Star Wars and that is extremely difficult for me to say, seeing as I spent the first 8 years of my life, on the sofa struggling to breath (due to Asthma, Bronchitis etc.), living out the ultimate fantasy of kicking some alien butt in a galaxy far, far away..... I loved Star Wars, I lived Star Wars, I still do to be honest. By that I don't mean I go to sci-fi conventions dressed as Luke or Anakin (and I would never insult or begrudge anyone doing that, jesus, I respect them for having the guts to do it), I have all the "saga" on DVD, the Original Trilogy on VHS twice (one was a standard edition, the other a Special Anniversary edition after they remastered the films and re-released them at the cinema), nearly every single video game released in the Star Wars Universe (REALLY looking forward to SW: The Force Unleashed ). But as I said for me, nothing in the known Universe ever beat The Last Starfighter . It is such a sweet story for the whole family, everybody of all ages can enjoy it. It isn't too complicated, nor is it too simple.Its got some comedy one liners, action, a story that doesn't get too involved with the politics of war and has a little love story too. Its just.... right, that's all there is to it. So enough of my waffle, here is the trailer on you tube, unfortunately the trailers from the 1980's never did films the justice they ultimately deserve. Enjoy Starfighters! Update: Here are a couple of sites that have a few images of the fabled GUNSTAR http://www.beanblossom.in.us/larryy/DP/FrameSet http://www.xenobuzz.com/MyLegoCreations/Genesis%20of%20Gunstar.htm http://www.xenobuzz.com/MyLegoCreations/Gunstar.htm
No comments:
Post a Comment